It’s sort of sad that we need a holiday to remind us to stop and say thanks for all we have, but I for one am grateful that we do. Otherwise, the busyness of my everyday would most definitely keep me from remembering that I am so beyond blessed and so unworthy of all God has given me. So today, of all days, I want to stop and take stock.
Top 10 things I am grateful for (in no particular order):
- Let’s get the cheesy out of the way – I am eternally grateful for my two beautiful children and my loving husband.
- My home. It’s warm, equipped with electricity and running water, and plenty big for my little family.
- Crafting. Whoever coined the term and all the crazy supplies to make it happen understood my need to create.
- Friends. All my friends fulfill my many different needs – God truly knew what I needed when he placed them in my life. They are like family and I am so grateful for their love and support.
- Sleep. Oh, praise God for my bed. There is nothing better than climbing into a warm bed and falling fast asleep. I’m so thankful that I have warm blankets, a roof over my head, and the ability to sleep soundly each night (save for the occasional wake up call from one of the kids).
- Coffee. Sweet liquid heaven.
- Food. I love to eat, and I am thankful that I am able to purchase a variety of foods to satiate my cravings. Speaking of which… when is that turkey going to be done?
- Christmas. Aside from the Christian meaning of the holiday (which I am also thankful for), I am thankful that such a holiday brings people together. There is so much joy, generosity and love to be seen during Christmas. It’s reassuring to see that in others. Plus I love getting and giving presents…
- TV. I am sure there are many that will disagree with me, but man do I love sitting down in front of the TV after a long day and escaping to another world. And I won’t apologize for that.
- You. I love blogging. I love expressing sharing my thoughts, tutorials, photos… and I am humbled that you actually read it. I don’t know why you do, but you have blessed me beyond words with your comments, interactions, and friendships. Thank you!