Remixing your favorite dress
August 24, 2011
spending your money on diapers instead of yourself living on a budget, you sometimes have to be creative with your wardrobe. I like to remix the dresses I own by pairing them with different pieces and accessories to give myself more options when my closet is looking a little bare.
I thought I'd show you how I remixed this simple floral dress that I bought from Target the other day ($24.99). It's easy to create 4 different looks with just one dress and some basic staples.
- Look #1: Chambray shirt
- Chambray shirts are the best! You can wear them with just about everything (including jeans, as long as the color is darker than your shirt). As I demonstrate here, you can also wear it over dresses. Now that I look at the picture, I wish I had put a necklace or a belt on too... oh well. Any mom could totally run errands in this. (Chambray top from J.Crew)
- Look #2: Belted
- A simple brown belt can really transform a dress. I like how casual this one from The Gap makes the dress feel.
- Look #3: Long sleeve shirt
- I love wearing long sleeve shirt and t-shirts under my dresses for a fun, funky look (yeah, I just said funky). Here I chose to mix patterns by wearing stripes with my floral dress.
- Look #4: Accessorizing with jewelry
What look is your favorite? Do you remix your own closet?