I can’t believe that Christmas is in just a couple of days. Does it seem like the past month just flew by to anyone else? I swear Thanksgiving was yesterday. Of course, leave it to me to get a cold two days before Christmas. I’m all stuffed up and that should make for a fun holiday… but I digress.
The thing about Christmas is that it means Mia’s birthday is on the way. Her birthday is in mid-January and I usually spend the two weeks after Christmas cramming together a party since I just don’t have the energy before the holiday. I’m trying to get on top of it this year and start planning now.
This year, we decided on a “tea party & tutus” party (well, I decided on it and pitched her the idea, which she loved.) Our girl is about the girliest there is and loves dresses, skirts and princesses right now, so I figured this would be right up her alley.
Plus, we just moved to a new place a few months ago and don’t have many kids to invite, so I thought that if we did a little girl tea party, she can just invite the girls from her Preschool class and we can keep things small. Since there will only be 6-8 girls, I feel like I can focus more on the details and make some special items for each one of them to take home. Hopefully it all works out and they can actually make it!
In any event, I started gathering ideas for the party and decided to throw together a little inspiration board to get things going. So here we go…
1. DIY tutus for each girl hanging by the front door | Andersruff.com
2. Sort of thinking about bringing back paper chains – aren’t these pretty? | Pinterest.com
3. Flowers in cans with scrapbook paper on the table | Bumpsmitten.com
4. Tulle wands to DIY for the girls | Andersruff.com
5. Plastic teacups with scrapbook paper | PersiaLou.blogspot.com
6. Heart sandwiches and teapots on vintage books | PersiaLou.blogspot.com
7. Lace crowns to DIY for the girls to decorate | TheGirlInspired.com
I also plan on making Mia this portable tea party play mat for a gift and buying her some faux dessert treats like these, and the girls can play to their heart’s content during the party.
Now I just have to execute it all… easy, peasy – right?!
Excuse me, I need to get to work.