With Mother’s Day coming up in just a couple of months, it’s a good time to start thinking about some DIY gift ideas. I did a DIY gifts for mom: Part 1 post last Christmas for my Save Money Monday series, and thought it was high time for a follow-up!
There are so many great DIY gift ideas that moms will love, and that extra time and effort put in will not go unnoticed by the one who birthed you (at least I hope).
So here are some great DIY gift ideas for mom (part two): (read DIY gifts for mom: part one)
1. Doily tea lights, Good Housekeeping
2. DIY photo canvas, This Is Me Inspired
Every grandma loves pictures of her grandkids. A photo of your mom and dad together (perhaps an old black and white from their dating days!) would make a fun gift too.
3. Framed family recipes, One Good Thing
This is such a sweet, memorable gift if you can swipe some old family recipes from your mom!
4. DIY book planter, Lindy Cottage Hill
How cute and original! (Did I mention cheap? Look for books at the Thrift Store!)
5. Knit pouches, Martha Stewart
Martha gives instructions on how to knit these, but I would just pick up some old sweaters at the Thrift Store and use the sleeves to make the pouches!
6. Etched glasses, Martha Stewart
I love the idea of 4 monogrammed wine glasses or juice glasses, and I’ve read other tutorials on glass etching that say this process is really simple.
Need More Ideas?
- DIY gifts for mom: Part 1
- DIY gifts for her
- DIY Mother’s Day gifts (2013)
- DIY Last-minute Mother’s Day gifts (2013)
- DIY gifts for grandparents
- 10 DIY gifts ideas for mom (2014)
- Handmade Mother’s Day cards